Search Engine Optimization (SEO) encompasses everything you do to make sure that search engines (Google, Bing, Yahoo!, etc.) find your content. Many companies will tell you that you need their services to make sure that your pages are found by the search engines, but you already have the skills and resources to do this yourself. This session will help you to learn how!
Note: this session is 2 hours long
What you will learn in this session:
- What is SEO and why is it important?
- Tips for effective SEO
- Techniques that will -- and won’t -- work to improve your Pagerank
- What factors Google uses to determine your page rank
- What are the similarities and differences between York’s Search and external search engines (Google / Bing / etc.), and how to maximize your visibility on each
- How to check if your SEO efforts are effective using tools already available to the York Community -- for free!
Sorry, this Workshop is now full. Please see calendar for other workshop dates.